Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a baja hoodie and a drug rug?
- There is no difference, those are just 2 different despriptions for the same thing. They are actually called baja hoodies but the slang terms for them include drug rug, baja jacket, Mexican poncho hoodie, hippie hoodie etc. The list goes on forever for what people call these woven pullover sweatshirts that have a hood and a kangaroo pocket on the front.
What are your baja hoodies made of?
- All Mexican Threads™ baja hoodies are made of recycled shirts. We recycle shirts and turn them into ecomex yarn that we then use to weave into eco friendly hoodies. The blend is a cotton, polyester and acrylic blend.
Do baja hoodies shrink?
- No. Due to the fact the fiber is already pre-washed and they are not 100% cotton.
Do you have different sizes for men and women?
- No. All Mexican Threads™ are UNISEX. So even though you might see a picture of only one gender modeling a specific color, that does not mean that both genders can't wear it.
How does Sizing Work?
- The sizing is true to USA mens sizing. Women should probably buy down a size. See more about our sizing here on our baja hoodie sizing page.
How much is Shipping?
- We ship free to the USA and we ship super FAST.
I purchased a hoodie but I haven't received a confirmation email, why?
- You should immediately receive a confirmation email. Usually it is a mistake on the email address at checkout if this happens. Please email us so we can verify your order and correct your email address.
Do you ship worldwide?
- Yes we do. We ship everywhere but the shipping cost varies for each country. Enter your info in and it will show you the cost of shipping to your country. It usually takes about 14 business days to be delivered.
Where are you located?
- We are located in Utah.
How can I get a hold of you?
- Email is the fastest form of communication with us. We try to respond within a few hours on business days. MexicanThreads@gmail.com
Do you offer Returns/Exchanges?
- Yes we do. Please see our returns/exchange page here.
How do you wash a baja hoodie?
- You can wash them in the washer in cold and dry on low heat.